I am looking for some advice.
I have pulled together a simple description of several aspects of cognition as part of our creative problem solving program.
We take people through this so they can be aware of the condition of the human brain and understand how they can use it to their advantage.
First I am looking for feedback that the following claims are valid and then I am looking for references to supporting evidence for these claims.
- We are pattern matchers
- We often make a ‘best fit’ to these patterns (It looks like a dog, it barks like a dog…)
- The fight or flight reaction
- We make assumptions (part of the pattern matching and best fit)
- Our brains are not analytical (except autism condition)
- Failure imprints better than success
- We gift answers (easily led/primed)
- Serendipitous recall – We only know what we need to know when we need to know it – (also linking to 20/20 vision in hindsight)
- We seek symmetry (attractiveness)
Please share any references to research/papers/articles/books etc.. that confirm or deny any of these aspects as it would be greatly appreciated.
Also are there any you think I should add?